STEM Lab 2nd Grade
Ms. Logan and Mrs. Tennant's Classes 2013-2014
Natural Resources PBL
Conservation Play Resources
Community Garden Problem-Based Learning
Rubrics for Content Areas
Prairie Dog Problem-Based Learning
Logan's Published Work
Tennant's Published Work
Past Web Pages
Fairy Tale Re"Play" Resources
Prairie Dog PBL:
2nd Grade Problem Based Learning
Prairie Dogs have a bad rap. Are people accurate? Why or why not?
· How and why do prairie dogs and their habitats change?
· Why are prairie dogs found in different areas?
· How does the prairie dog rely on its environment to meet their needs?
· What dangers do prairie dogs present to humans?
· What unintended impacts would prairie dogs extinction trigger?
· What is good about prairie dogs?
· What responsibility do humans have to protect keystone species from human development?
· How do we balance the needs of the prairie dog and their role in the ecosystem with the needs of humans and urban development?
· How do we educate the general population about the benefits of the prairie dog?
· Clearly communicated through multimedia presentation utilizing Prezi or Flip Video
· Analyzed cost
· Explain the human impact your plan can make
· Ecosystem and safety of people are considered in the plan
· Awareness and communication is detailed and effective
· Effectively and efficiently communicate responses to posed questions
· Models professional appearance and behavior
Create a free website